Kaleidoscope Festival organised by Kaleidoscope Enterprise Ltd will not be taking place in 2013. Watch out for us at a number of summer events taking place in Welwyn Hatfield!
We are delighted to announce that Kaleidoscope will be at the Oaklands World Food Festival on Saturday 18th May 2013, Welwyn Garden City Town Centre. More details to follow.
If you are a caterer or music performer who would normally apply to participate in Kaleidoscope, we can forward your contact details to the Food Festival Organisers.
The Chair, Board and Staff of Kaleidoscope Enterprise would like to thank the hardy members of the public who turned out to support the 2012 Festival and our fantastic volunteers for all their hard work. You were tremendous!
Please read about the Festival in the links below:
Festival Photos from WH Times:
Kaleidoscope Festival 2012
Celebrating Diversity, Sport and Carnival!
Saturday 7th July
12 noon - 6.30pm
Welwyn Garden City
Admission: £3; Under 16's £1; Under 5's Free
Car park charges at resident rate £1.20
Welcome to Kaleidoscope Festival 2012!!
In association with Welwyn Hatfield Community Housing Trust
WE'RE BACK FOR 2012 !! The festival is organised by Kaleidoscope Enterprise Ltd with the support of members of the local community and our sponsors. The festival is a multicultural event highlighting and celebrating the cultural diversity found in Welwyn Hatfield.
In this Olympic year the event will feature: foods from around the world; sport; music; dance; arts; crafts; fashion; health and beauty; information & community services and (of course) lots of fun for children.
Have a look at a short video of our last Festival here.
Our reasons for organising the festival are to:
- Showcase and celebrate our rich and diverse cultural heritage.
- Contribute towards a community where people from all ethnic backgrounds feel they belong and can join together to celebrate a shared sense of belonging.
- Facilitate communication and interactions between all sections of the community, especially between our Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) citizens and local service providers in the voluntary and statutory sectors.
- Provide an opportunity for local organisations, giving people the chance to find out more about these organisations, their services and activities.
We have produced a Kaleidoscope Festival Poster in association with WH Times that you might like to download and display to help us advertise the festival.
We are delighted to confirm that the Festival will be compered by Phil Richards (above). Phil has an established career in the entertainment industry working in the BBC and on commercial radio, also he is a founding director of Radio Verulam where he currently presents Verulam in the Morning each weekday and both a Saturday and a Sunday show. Please see Phil's full CV here.
***!!FREE CYCLE CHECKS!!***
- Why not cycle to the Festival and get your bike checked over for free? -
***!!Confirmed Music Acts - see the Live Music page!!***
###!!Coinfirmed Dance Stage Acts - see the Dance Stage page!!###
Registered Charity No: 114071 Company No: 7493297
Website kindly hosted by www.daily.co.uk